The Research Associate Program (RAP) is a volunteer program that exposes undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students to research activities in an emergency care setting. The program is designed to involve Research Associates in many elements of the performance of research while providing opportunities for observing clinical practice and interacting with clinical providers and patients in Emergency Department.
The program aims to expose research associates to the following content areas:
- Interaction with patients through research (e.g., patient recruitment and interviews)
- Observation of interdisciplinary patient care in a dynamic, fast-paced clinical environment at a world-class teaching hospital
- General patient assistance
Clinical Research: Theory and Practice
- Theory: Training in epidemiological research methods and public health practice
- Theory: Bioethics and research ethics
- Practice: Performing clinical research protocols related to various subject areas in emergency medicine
- Practice: Data management and data entry; review of medical records
- Theory & Practice: Didactic and practical learning about content area of clinical research protocols
Mentorship and Shadowing
- Interaction with attending and resident physicians and other clinical staff
- Networking with other pre-health students
- Opportunities to shadow physicians and other clinical staff
Research associates may also attend lectures about the studies with which they assist.
How to Apply
We now offer the opportunity to be a research associate at our Upper East Side and Lower Manhattan locations:
Upper East Side
525 E. 68th St., M-130
New York, NY 10065
170 Williams Street
New York, NY 10038.
We are currently enrolling for the Research Associate Program. To learn more about the program, click here. Positions are available at both our Upper East Side and Lower Manhattan locations. To apply, please fill out this form. "
Please contact the Emergency Medicine Research Team (EMResearch@med.cornell.edu) with any questions.